Sunday, September 5, 2010

Summer 2010: Some journeys

The first, most important, most magical, memoriable and treasurable journey was May 8, 2010. That day I married my partner in crime. Every single schlocky sentiment about him pertains and every single sublime aspect of my life stems from him being in it. Walking down the aisle to him was the best journey I've ever taken.

California, May 2010.


Call it a honeymoon, a vacation, whatever. My husband and I went to California just a week and a day after we were married. Chillier than we anticipated, but beautiful. I can see why people love living there. Explored LA, the PCH, and San Francisco. Our experiences in California keep cropping up in our "real" lives and have added dimension to articles, tv shows, and stories. We left our story there unfinished and will go back.


Indiana, July and August.

The catalyst was weddings, but they were very different events. In July I partially packed up my bedroom. I've written about that elsewhere. August had a whirlwind series on events, with family outings to the Indianapolis Art Museum, the Indiana State Fair, the wedding, and explored the area southeast of Indianapolis called Shelby. In all my years growing up north of the city, I'd never found this interesting little pocket.


Missouri, Sept.

Last Thursday we went on an excursion to KCK to explore pawnshops. One of our travleing companions was a native son and regaled us with a nostaglic narrative of the places and events from his childhood and formative years. This, along with the grey and spitfully rainy weather, made it a sentimental journey. Friday the rain and damp had been blown away leaving a fresh cool breeze and sunny skies. My husband, dog and I went up to Weston to hike. We got bogged down a bit since two of the trails had flooded over during the rains and left a sheen of mud across the forest floor. But the afternoon was spent on the patio of an old Irish pub sampling the wares and passed smoothly.
That's the short and sweet of it - a breif synopsis of our past whereabouts. More adventures to come.

No comments: